CREF Innovative Learning Grant Application
2022-2023 Grant Cycle Key Dates
- October 20, 2022 – Online application portal opens
- November 2, 2022 – Information session via Zoom (4:15pm & 7:15pm)
- 4:15pm Zoom Info – https://crsd.zoom.us/j/92702844998
- 7:15pm Zoom Info – https://crsd.zoom.us/j/96830129316
- February 28, 2023 – Application submission deadline
- May 18, 2023 – Award reception
The Council Rock Education Foundation enhances and enriches the quality of education for students throughout the Council Rock School District. Each year, the Education Foundation awards innovative and creative ideas designed by faculty and staff that engage children through experiential learning. These projects, not covered by the annual school budget, help engage, inspire and educate youth and foster their passion for continued learning. Annual grants are awarded through a competitive application process and strongly support the District’s strategic priorities.
Who can apply?
- All Council Rock staff
- Community organizations that support Council Rock students
- Council Rock PTO/PTA/HSAs
Program Areas for Support
Providing advanced educational programs to increase students’ knowledge of and hands-on experience in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, The Arts and Math.
Recently funded programs include:
- Science: Outdoor Classroom
- STEAM: Tello Drones Club, Micro Powered Robotics (Hummingbird), Sphero Robots and Virtual Reality
- Business and Entrepreneurship: CR South Online Store – Hawk’s Nest
- The Arts and Technology: Sewing Machines, Multi-Image Creator, Photogrammetry, CNC Machine and Ukulele Buddy
- Social and Emotional Health: Sensory Zone and Mind-Up Curriculum
Literacy: Wordsmith Club with Scrabble, Historical Literature for Struggling Readers, Expressive Writing, English Learner Development Software and Reading Materials
Environmental Engagement – Providing value-added programs that engage students to identify investigate and propose innovative solutions to environmental issues both locally and globally.
Youth Leadership and Community Engagement – Developing students’ leadership skills by engaging with community organizations to study and address issues ranging from bullying and mentoring to historical and geographical issues connected to racial, class, and power divides.
Arts and the Creative Economy – Providing students innovative new ways to explore and develop their creativity in music and art programs contributing to the awareness of the impact that creativity can have upon all aspects of our economy.
Literacy Projects – Creating opportunities for students to access, analyze, evaluate and communicate messages in a wide variety of forms through innovative literacy programs.
Health and Wellness – Providing creative opportunities for students to explore, create and apply health and fitness to their everyday lives.
Special Needs – Providing innovative learning programs to enhance and expand the skills and opportunities for our special needs students. Previously funded programs include: Green Team Autism Club, Kids with Heart, Inclusive Practices, ACHIEVE Coffee Cart and the Friendship Bracelet project.
- Grant Guidelines – Click here
- Application Preview – Click here for preview purposes ONLY.
- NOW OPEN – All grants must be submitted through our online application portal.
- Grant Example of a funded proposal – STEAM Rolling with Sphero Application
- Any questions? Please email email@example.com