Grants in Action
Over the past nine years, the Council Rock Education Foundation has impacted thousands of students by funding 100 innovative educational programs throughout the District. These grant programs challenge students to explore concepts in exciting and innovative ways.
From programs exploring new literacy learning techniques for Kindergarteners using iPads, to the Rock Rover/NASA program that provides high school students experience with real-world science applications, these are just some of the many wonderful programs you are helping to make possible through your generous donation to CREF.
Click HERE to see our PRIZE PATROL in action, surprising teachers in their classrooms.
Here are just some of the stories about the impact of past CREF grants:
- Budding Birders
- One Book One School – Flora & Ulysses
- Computer and Coding Club
- Goodnoe Garden
- STEM Curiosity and Little Leaves
- One School One Book – The World According to Humphrey
- Reflecting Hope: 9-11 Sculpture Garden
- I-Motion: Stop Action Movie Technology
- Science Night for all Fourth Graders
- Solar Suitcases
- Kids With Heart
- No Place for Hate-Diversity Project at CR North
- 21st Century Mobile Literacy project at Holland Elementary
- UAV Club Explores the Skies
- Physics in Flight
- iHoot News
- Bracelet Club
Be sure to check back later – more stories will be uploaded each month!
Click HERE for a video about the grants that are being supported in the 2015-16 school year.